Where have I Been? On a weekend trip pt.1

Hello everyone :) I apologize for the delay in my postings. After dealing (and still dealing) with the infuriatingly slow internet connection and a cram packed work schedule for a couple of weeks, I finally made it on here and I'm more than ready to share a little bit of my day-to-day life with you all. 

So with that out of the way, let's talk about what I did over the weekend :)

If you don't know already, I am absolutely in love with skateboarding. On a typical day off, I do a ton of skating and filming with friends and other associates. A few days ago, one of my filmers brought to my attention that this awesome skate/ punk music festival was taking place over the weekend in Barstow, California. This festival, according to the flyers, was taking place on a 5.8 acre land where there is plenty of space for social distancing as well as masks and hand sanitizer being provided at the entrance. I was super excited for this event that I quickly made arrangements with my filmer and a few friends to camp out there for a couple of days and film some skating.

 A couple of days have past and I'm packing up for this exciting event. I prepare everything I need for camping as well as fixing up an extra skateboard in case I utterly destroy my current board one on this trip. Everything is going well and as I finish up my packing, I receive a shocking call from an old relative... there's been a family emergency and my family needed to be in Hemet, California ASAP. Great.. couldn't of picked a better timing I thought. With the convenience of me having my stuff already packed to leave somewhere, my skate trip was no where close to being a possible destination at this point... or so I thought. 

About 20 minutes into our drive up to Hemet, I receive another phone call from my relative... there's no longer an emergency and our presents was no longer necessary. How great is that! As you could all imagine, I was super thrilled to hear this news.  Not only for the reassurance that my family in Hemet were all doing well, but that there was still time to make my trip up to Barstow for the festival. I immediately contacted everyone who was going on the trip and began heading back home where I could prepare myself to be picked up by my filmer. 

Now before diving into the details of my entire trip, I want to put this story on a pause until I have all of the photos and videos ready to share with you guys. Let's just say that the details of this trip went quite unexpectedly... see you on the next post ;)




Comments

  1. Glad your family emergency resolved itself :-)

    I'm excited to see photos and videos of your skateboarding adventures ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very busy and hectic weekend :) What a relief that you didn't have to go see family for emergency reasons. I hope they are doing still doing well. Look forward to seeing pictures and videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that your family is doing safe and that you were still able to attend your planned skate festival! I wish I knew how to skate, it would certainly get me around UNLV's campus much quicker opposed to walking in the heat. I always found those electric skate boards ("Boosted Boards") so fascinating. I am excited to see your videos and photos from the skate festival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your vacation. It's become normal in the work environment to not use time off for vacation but rather errands so that minimal time is missed from work. Vacations are a great way to reset your mind and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you made your skate trip to Barstow, but even more pleased to hear your family member is in good health!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to here that your family emergency was resolved. I am waiting to see your skateboard pictures, it sounds exciting I never tried it myself because I am not very good at controling my balance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your family member is well. That skate trip sounds very fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear that your family member is doing well. I can't wait to see the videos of your skate trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its good to hear your family is doing better. I've always wanted to learn how to skateboard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like such an roller-coaster of emotions. But I'm really glad all worked out for the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend trip pt.2

My First Impressions of CSN in 2020